Monday, August 26, 2013

Be an AC Pro

You've seen the advertisement. AC not cold enough, just buy a can of refrigerant and dump it in and you are a hero, right?

This is my car, and it has not had any refrigerant added to it. The AC has worked fine up until early last week. Then I noticed while we were on the road, the AC was cold, then not cold, then cold again. The impression was that it was low on refrigerant and the clutch was being commanded off.  On Saturday I knew that I was going to have a chance to look at it so I pulled it inside after a quick run to Subway for lunch. It was about an hour later when I got to attach the gages and this is what I found.



The engine was not running, this is the static pressure after the car had been sitting for about an hour.

OK, what does this mean and what is your next move?

No comments:

Post a Comment